|GTASA: Liberty City (Beta 5 V0.5.4) - File Description
| Quality: 10 |
Installation Instructions: 10
Overall Rating: 10
GTASA: Liberty City
Many had requested a new thread, as a brand new Beta version of the mod had been released in a relatively outdated forum thread.
Beta 5.0 incoroporates many new features, including some that were lost from previous Beta versions (for reasons unknown). The most welcome addition to Beta 5.0 is a complete set of car paths - so this time it's actually Liberty City! Beta 5's creation emerged after many users had difficulties in installing updates & fixes released for the previous Beta (4.0) in the form of Update Packages, consisting of 1, 2 and 3.
Beta 5.0 includes the entire Liberty City map by XRK, as well as the the underwater seabed created by jcab42 for the GTA:Liberty City mod, which has been an encouraging source of inspiration for the continuation of this mod. This mod will not only have the great setting of GTA3, but will include the great features present in San Andreas, such as Interiors, Bikes & Helicopters/Planes, Gambling, Properties, Customisation and so much more. The full changelog of changed features can be found below:
-> GTA3 Radar & HUD.
-> GTA3 Cars (some XBOX models with UV2 reflections).
-> GTA3 Claude playable character.
-> GTA3's peds.
-> GTA3 Weather.
-> GTA3 Loadscreens.
-> GTA3 Weapon models*.
-> GTA3 Car Colors**.
-> GTA3 Sounds (no radio yet).
-> GTA3 Menus and fonts.
-> El-Train and Subway-Train (simutaneous).
-> Air traffic (plane lands/departs from SSV).
-> Car Paths**.
-> San Andreas Interiors with reflections and audio.
-> Marty Chonk's missions, Paramedic missions and Gripped mission (Scripters needed!).
-> Bomb-shops, Pay 'n Spray and Savegarages (GTA3 only).
-> Some misc. fixes over previous releases, such as culls & LODs, as well improved stability.
* Only some complete.
** Still needs some tweaking.
Frequently Asked Quesions (FAQ):
In the previous Beta's thread, many questions were repeatedly asked over and over, hence its considerable length. That's why I've added this section, so that SA:LC mod users can check here before asking their question.
Q. Will there be other properties or hideouts to buy?
A. Yes. This is a San Andreas feature we hope to add eventually.
Q. Can we have higher-poly models for ... ?
A. No. This is not a current priority. This will be done once we've sorted the GTA3 stuff first. Check out the additional mod 'Untold Stories' if you want these.
Q. Will M-57's cars be included?
A. No. We have asked, but have been waiting for almost 2 years now. So it seems unlikely.
Q. Will there be shopping, eating as well as player customisation?
A. Yes. This is a San Andreas feature we hope to add eventually.
Q. Can I get to San Andreas? Will San Andreas ever be added?
A. No. The SA map was removed for the purpose of this mod.
Q. What do I download? How do I install it?
A. The latest release (Version 4) requires the previous installation of Version 3 as well as the patch. Here are some short instructions:
Q. Will there be a new storyline/characters?
- If you are on a default San Andreas (1.00/1.010 [EU/US]) download Beta 5 Version 3.
- Extract the contents of the RAR file to your SA root directory, confirming all replacement questions.
- Then download the Patch file provided, and once again extract the RAR contents to your SA root directory, confirming replacements.
- Now download and save Beta 5 Version 4 (this requires Version 3 and the patch to have been previously installed).
- Extract the RAR file's contents to your SA root directory, confirming all replacements.
- Alternatively -> Download and extract the combo package contents.
A. No. There will only be the original GTA3 missions, with possibly some extra ones. The Untold Stories mod features new storyline and characters.
Q. I've possibly found a bug. What do I do?
A. Unless the bug you have found is really out of the ordinary, then chances are it's already known about, so it's best to keep it to yourself. If however, you do think it isn't obvious, then either post in this thread or PM me directly. While bug reports are appreciated, the vast majority of them are obvious and are being worked on using a priority system.
Q. Where are the missions?
A. Marty Chonk's missions are available from the phone booth across from Joey's Garage between the hours of 9:00 and 19:00. Paramedic missions are available by entering an Ambulance and pressing 2 (default). The 'Gripped!' mission is available by entering the Patriot in the park in Shoreside Vale at any time.
In time this FAQ will be updated, so check back occasionally.
- Some of the car traffic is the wrong direction > To be fixed.
- Collisionless seafloor and tall skyscrapers > models need redone to suit SA's .col dimension limitations
- Unusual camera angles at savegarages > needs scripting
Currently, there are just a few devs working on the mod, but more are coming back following the mod's revivial post-Beta 5. However, the limited team could use some talentented folk like yourself to ease the workload a tad. If you can do any of the following, and are interested, let us know!
1. Cutscene animations and/or animations: this would require experience with .ifp, .cut and .dat files that San Andreas uses for cutscenes. If you worked in this area in the LC-mod (for VC) or have done so for San Andreas, let us know.
2. Main.scm Scripters: while I personally know enough to get me by, someone with experience in this field could sure come in handy.
3. Modellers/Texturizers: mainly conversion from GTA3->SA, like cars, peds etc.
| || || |
|GTASA: Liberty City (Beta 5 V0.5.4) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|GTASA: Liberty City (Beta 5 V0.5.4) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|GTASA: Liberty City (Beta 5 V0.5.4) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
***.:Beta 5 - Version 4 Release [v0.5.4]:.***
1. Extract contents of RAR package to your SA root directory, confirming over-writes.
2. If your version is EUR, open "hume.ini" located in cleo with Notepad (or similar text editor). Rename version US to version EUR and save.
-> Improved Stability.
-> Increased Traffic & Ped Density.
-> GTA3 Radar (v1.1).
-> GTA3 Claude (v0.9).
-> GTA3 Weather (v1.3).
-> GTA3 HUD (Improved - press Y/N to enable/disable respectively).
-> GTA3 Loadscreens & Menus.
-> GTA3 Car Colors (WIP).
-> GTA3 Cars (some with UV2-mapped reflectsions).
-> GTA3 weapons (models & sounds only).
-> GTA3 Traffic
-> Both trains now added (Freight train replaced with L-Train).
-> Car Paths (99% Done - still needs fixed around Staunton Lift Bridge).
-> Audio & Interior Reflections.
-> Fixed SSV Bridge.
-> Fixed LODs.
-> Seabed [not solid!].
-> Updated Mission Script (v2.0 - new mission 'Gripped!').
-> Gangs in areas as well as driving vehicles (Columbians, Mafia, Triad, Diablos).
-> Bomb-shop, Pay 'n Spray & Save Garages all working!
-> Bugfixes - water, glass, LODs etc.
-> Updated Script (Added plane to take off/land at the airport, Insane & Unique Stunts added)
- Vista/Beta Testing
- (Under)Water effects
- Menu Screens
- Vehicle Re-naming
- Font Contribution
- LOD bugfixes
- Script SFX fix
- SSV Bridge Fix
- Original Script
- Installer Creation
- Script Contribution
- Gangs & Peds
DANNY III FAN:
- XBOX models & textures provision
- Claude Re-skin
- HUD icons
- Car numberplates & fonts
- SA Limit Adjustment files
- HUME cleo script files
- LOD bugfixes
- Font overhaul
OK, think that's everyone. If you're not here, apologies...
|GTASA: Liberty City (Beta 5 V0.5.4) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Grand Theft Auto Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 40 | Last comment: 11-27-2011 at 11:25
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!